Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Addressing Misinformation, Myths, and Rumors
WHO advice for the public: Mythbusters
- Vitamin and mineral supplements cannot cure COVID-19.
- COVID-19 can be transmitted in ALL AREAS, including with hot and humid weather.
- Cold weather and snow cannot kill the virus.
- Being able to hold your breath for 10 seconds or more without coughing or feeling discomfort does not mean you are free from COVID-19
- Taking a hot bath does not prevent the disease.
- The new coronavirus cannot be transmitted through mosquito bites.
- Hand dryers are not effective at killing the coronavirus. You should wash your hands.
- Flu vaccines and pneumonia vaccines do not protect you from the coronavirus.
- People of all ages can be infected with the coronavirus.
- To date there is no specific medicine to prevent or treat the virus. Treatment can relieve symptoms, but not the virus itself.