Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
A few suggested titles
The following titles are available at the MCC Library. Click on each title for more information.
Search also for catalog items by searching ESL. ALSO try this search in our catalog: search for the phrase "BILINGUAL BOOKS"--and be sure to use the quotation marks. For books on bilingualism, search by that term.
Suggested Websites for ESL
Use the MCC Library Catalog to find out what physical and electronic resources the Library has available. Enter your search below to get started!
Books are a good place to start your research. The library has books in the Reference collection and Stacks, as well as eBooks. Reference books can be used inside the library. Books in the Stacks can be checked out with your MCC library card. eBooks are available off campus with your myMCC username and login.
Suggested books include:
- Foreign Language Dictionaries: Greek, Latin, Italian, French, Spanish, Latin American Spanish, Cuban, Portuguese
- Foreign Language Dictionaries: German, Polish, Russian, Arabic, Chinese, Turkish, Japanese
- English & American Dictionaries and Thesauri
- Visual Dictionaries
- REF P361 and Stacks PC PF PL
- American Heritage Dictionary for Learners of English
- American Idioms Handbook
Reading improvement books in the MCC Library:
- Challenger Adult Reading Series (reading lessons)
- Jamestown Education Series (series of stories at increasing levels of reading difficulty)
- Pre-GED Study Guides
- Various books and media on learning English
All EBSCO Databases (Spanish)
MCC Library Info
Questions? To contact an MCC Librarian, click on
Ask a Librarian!
Fall 2021 Semester Hours
August 16 through December 10
Monday through Thursday,
8:00am to 8:30pm
Friday, 8:00am to 4:30pm
Tuesday, October 12 -
MCC Professional Development Day
Wednesday, November 24 through Friday, November 26 -
U.S. Citizenship / Naturalization / DACA