Currently, the campus doesn't have faxing available for student use. Delivery service stores in Crystal Lake (UPS, FedEx, Currency Exchange) offer faxing for a fee, but free faxing is available through some websites. These free online fax services have their drawbacks, but they should be sufficient for most situations.
Important Note: The MCC Library does not endorse any of the following services. External links on this page are provided for use at your own discretion.
- Send up to 5 free faxes a day to any fax machine in the US or Canada.
- Each fax must be 3 pages or less, not including the cover page.
- Faxes sent through this free service will have the faxZERO logo at the top of the cover page. (Go to the faxZERO FAQ to view an example cover page).
- You cannot receive faxes using faxZERO.
To send a free fax using faxZERO:
- Go to https://faxzero.com
- Fill out the sender and receiver information
- Attach your document as either one file or multiple files (keeping in mind the page limit)
TIP: You can use the library scanner to digitize a paper document
- Type any text that you'd like to appear on the cover page in the text editor (directly above the confirmation code field)
- Enter the confirmation code
- Click the Send Free Fax Now button.
- Check the inbox of the email address you provided for a confirmation email
- Click the link in the confirmation email. Your fax won't be sent until you click the confirmation link.
- Once the fax is sent, you'll receive an email that will either confirm the transmission or let you know if the transmission wasn't successful
For more information, access the FaxZero FAQ
Other free (with limitations) faxing alternatives are available. The list below offers more options:
If additional assistance is needed, please contact the MCC Library Reference Desk to start a reference chat.