Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Types of Sources
The health effects and evaluation segment of the Fad Diets Project requires the most in-depth level of research. Your resources for this segment will consist primarily of peer-reviewed articles.
EBSCOhost includes three databases that are useful for the fad diets project: Academic Search Premier, CINAHL, and Health Source Nursing. Cross-search all three in the search box below. Login with your myMCC username and password for off-campus database access.
Try the following search strategies for evaluation and health effects:
- weight loss programs and effectiveness
- diet pills and effectiveness
- fad diets and health
- obesity surgery and evaluation
- Atkins diet and health, south beach diet and health, etc...
- low carbohydrate diet and health effects
- diets for weight loss and evaluation
Starting Point CINAHL, Academic Search Complete, and Health Source Nursing
Additional Sources for Articles