Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Try the following library databases to start your research.
Academic Search Complete (EBSCO) This link opens in a new window
Academic Search Complete is the world's most valuable and comprehensive scholarly, multi-disciplinary full-text database, with more than 8,500 full-text periodicals, including more than 7,300 peer-reviewed journals.
American History in Video This link opens in a new window
American History in Video provides the largest and richest collection of video available online for the study of American history, with 2,000 hours and more than 5,000 titles on completion.
Gale in Context: U.S. History This link opens in a new window
This resource provides full-text access to primary and secondary materials that cover some of the most widely studied topics in US history.
Gale Onefile: Diversity Studies This link opens in a new window
The Diversity Studies Collection explores cultural differences, contributions and influences in the global community. Provides partial full-text access to scholarly articles, magazine articles, and more.
Gale OneFile: U.S. History This link opens in a new window
This collection provides full-text access covering current thoughts on events in U.S. history as well as established scholarly work in the field.
Opposing Viewpoints This link opens in a new window
One-stop source for information on today's hottest social issues
Additional Databases & Research Guides
For off-campus access to databases, you may need to enter your myMCC username and password.
Interested in Native American history and issues as a research topic? Below are some suggested keywords and subjects to search our catalog and databases.
Broader term: Indigenous Peoples of North America
Narrower terms: Iroquois, Cherokee, Algonquins, et.al.
- Native American AND art (broad term). For a narrow term, search Native American AND baskets, beadwork, jewelry, et. al
- Native American AND artists
- Native American AND architecture
- Native American AND activists
- Native American AND casinos
- Native American children -- institutional care
- Legal status of Native American children
- Native American Code Talkers
- Native American cooking
- Native American clothing
- Native American dance
- Native American -- funeral customs and rites
- Native American history
- Certificate of Degree in Indian Blood
- Native American title (use instead of Native American land claims)
- Native American languages
- Native American legislators
- Native American prayers
- Native American religious leaders
- Native American reservations
- Enslaved Native Americans
- Native American students
- Native American toys
- Native American tribal governments
- Native American tribal prisons
- Native American veterans
- Native Americans with disabilities
- Native American wars
- Native American weapons