Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Off-Campus Access to Databases
To access any database in this Research Guide from off campus, you will need your myMCC login. You may find your myMCC login at www.mchenry.edu/myMCC. Click on Password Reset/Find Username.
The reference databases on the right allow you to search full-text reference books. These include medical and health related reference sources.
- Black's Medical Dictionary
- Harvard Medical School Health Reports
- Routledge Handbook of Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Gale Virtual Reference Library includes:
- Gale Encyclopedia of Surgery and Medical Tests (c.2009)
- Human Diseases and Conditions (c.2010)
Credo Reference Database
Credo Reference is a database of reference e-sources. It is a good starting point for background information. Includes an Image Search. In order to access this database from off-campus, you will need your myMCC login.
Gale Virtual Reference Library
Health IT Video from healthit.gov
MCC Library Info
Questions? To contact an MCC Librarian, click on
Ask a Librarian!
Summer 2021 Hours
During Library Remodeling/Renovation
We are still available to serve and help you, but we have some temporary location changes for our services for the next few weeks.
Monday through Thursday
8:00am to 6:00pm
A-212I (around the corner)
- Information and Circulation Help
- Library Research and Reference Help
- PC Computer Lab and Small Print Jobs
E-108 (downstairs in Building E)
- PC and Mac Computer Lab
- Large and Small Print Jobs, Color Printing